Beer, Wine, And Alcohol On Maui
If you like touring places where alcohol is made (or just drinking it), this is the page for you!
- Maui Brewing Co. At the most eastern end of Lipoa Street. If you like craft beer, it is a must - our favorite is the Imperial Coconut Porter. They offer brewery tours at a small fee which includes tasters plus a pint. On Wednesdays if you wear a t-shirt with their logo you get discounts. They do samplers, and growlers (we have a growler in our kitchen that you can use). There is a play area for kids, board games, sometimes live music, and
food trucks outsidethey now have a restaurant in the back.
- Ocean Vodka. Known for their uniquely-shaped vodka bottle and the story behind it - though we prefer their rum. You can pay for tours that are quite interesting.
- Hali'imaile Distillery. Another distillery option with paid tours. They rely more on pineapple, as opposed to sugar cane that the guys above do, and we love the POG vodka.
- Kohola Brewery. The newest (and second) brewery on the island, still finding their legs the last time we visited. Nice board games.
- Maui Wine (previously Tedeschi Winery). Free tours and free sampling (how can you go wrong), including their pineapple wine. Opposite them you can have a decent elk burger.
- Rock & Brews. This is a chain you can find in many places, including on Maui, specifically in Paia. Large screens playing MTV-style videos of the song you are listening (at low volume, in our opinion). We include them here because they do have the largest selection of beers in a single place on the island.
- Monkeypod Kitchen. Also a large selection of craft beers, on the upscale side, located in Wailea.
- What Ales You. Another place with a large selection of craft beers, on the more divey side, located in Kihei.
- Tamura's Fine Wine and Liquors. Large selection of craft beer and wine to buy (also good poke).
- Pint and Cork. Craft beers in a sports bar, located inside the Shops at Wailea, so you can combine its happy hour with a free show at the Shops (see Shows and Events). It is also one of the very few places that is still open and serving food past-midnight in the entire South Maui - order the burger.
Looking for more stuff to do? Why not check out all of our recommendation lists for Maui: Maui Towns And Areas, Must Do, Road To Hana, Beaches, Nature, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Water Activities, Non-Water Activities, Shows and Events, Souvenirs, Grocery Shopping, and What The Owners Still Love About Maui.