Beer, Wine, And Alcohol On Maui
If you like touring places where alcohol is made (or just drinking it), this is the page for you!
- Maui Brewing Co. At the most eastern end of Lipoa Street. If you like craft beer, it is a must - our favorite is the Imperial Coconut Porter. They offer brewery tours at a small fee which includes tasters plus a pint. On Wednesdays if you wear a t-shirt with their logo you get discounts. They do samplers, and growlers (we have a growler in our kitchen that you can use). There is a play area for kids, board games, sometimes live music, and
food trucks outsidethey now have a restaurant in the back.
- Ocean Vodka. Known for their uniquely-shaped vodka bottle and the story behind it - though we prefer their rum. You can pay for tours that are quite interesting.
- Hali'imaile Distillery. Another distillery option with paid tours. They rely more on pineapple, as opposed to sugar cane that the guys above do, and we love the POG vodka.
- Kohola Brewery. The newest (and second) brewery on the island, still finding their legs the last time we visited. Nice board games.
- Maui Wine (previously Tedeschi Winery). Free tours and free sampling (how can you go wrong), including their pineapple wine. Opposite them you can have a decent elk burger.
- Rock & Brews. This is a chain you can find in many places, including on Maui, specifically in Paia. Large screens playing MTV-style videos of the song you are listening (at low volume, in our opinion). We include them here because they do have the largest selection of beers in a single place on the island.
- Monkeypod Kitchen. Also a large selection of craft beers, on the upscale side, located in Wailea.
- What Ales You. Another place with a large selection of craft beers, on the more divey side, located in Kihei.
- Tamura's Fine Wine and Liquors. Large selection of craft beer and wine to buy (also good poke).
- Pint and Cork. Craft beers in a sports bar, located inside the Shops at Wailea, so you can combine its happy hour with a free show at the Shops (see Shows and Events). It is also one of the very few places that is still open and serving food past-midnight in the entire South Maui - order the burger.
- Waikiki Brewing Company in Lahaina. Large selection of beer! Skip the tiny tacos at happy hour but if you like meat definitely order the BBQ Sampler.
Looking for more stuff to do? Why not check out all of our recommendation lists for Maui: Maui Towns And Areas, Must Do, Road To Hana, Beaches, Nature, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Water Activities, Non-Water Activities, Shows and Events, Souvenirs, Grocery Shopping, and What The Owners Still Love About Maui.