Other Non-Water Activities On Maui
We have many recommendations for non-water (and non-beach) activities on the other pages, so the full real title for the list on this page could be: "Activities that are not water or beach related, didn't fit in any other category, and you have to pay for them."
- Ziplining. Many choices, a good one is Flyin Hawaiian Zipline. Meet them at the Maui Tropical Plantation at Waikapu (at the same location there is a much more tame and child-friendly zipline company).
- Horseback riding. Many choices, a good one is Makena Stables [update: we heard this one may have closed, but you can find many other choices, we have only tried Makena Stables, so cannot refer others]. We liked a lot their sunset tour which takes you down to the beach and up the hill to see the sunset over the ocean.
- Helicopter ride. Many choices, one of them is Blue Hawaiian, which we haven't used on Maui, but were pleased with when we used them on Kauai.
- Bike down parts of the Haleakala mountain. Many choices, a good one is Maui Easy Riders, nice guys and good tour.
- Golf. Many choices, one of them is Maui Nui Golf Club (previously known as Elleair Golf Club), which is also the nearest to our condo.
- Maui Pineapple Tours. Besides being tasty on their own, and once fundamental to the local economy, pineapples are heavily used at one of the distilleries, the winery, and the brewery (see our alcohol section). Take this tour to learn more about them...
- Punakea Palms Coconut Farm Tasting Tour. Very pleasant farm with nice views and a friendly guide. If you want to learn everything there is to ever learn about coconuts, then this tour is for you.
- Maui Ocean Center. A favorite with kids of all ages and a great choice for your last day if you have a lot of time to kill before your flight (and if you are a SCUBA diver you might enjoy diving with the sharks there, it is a great experience).
- Maui Golf & Sports Park. Fun activities include trampoline, rock climbing, mini-golf, and bumper boats.
- Surfing Goat Dairy farm. We prefer the Saturday option where you get to milk the goats, and do the cheese tasting in addition to the tour.
- Kula lavender farms. In addition to tours of the farms, you can buy various lavender products, including lavender chocolate... which was interesting.
Atlantis submarine. For kids of all ages. If you SCUBA dive, you get to see the submarine when diving the Carthaginian wreck.
Looking for more stuff to do? Why not check out all of our recommendation lists for Maui: Maui Towns And Areas, Must Do, Road To Hana, Beaches, Nature, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Water Activities, Non-Water Activities, Shows and Events, Souvenirs, Grocery Shopping, and What The Owners Still Love About Maui.