SCUBA Diving On Maui
The best SCUBA diving is in South Maui and below are some choices. We have tried more SCUBA companies on Maui than we list here, but we don't list the ones we would not dive with again.
- Maui Dreams. Excellent shore dives and also a great place to get certifications. Ask for their full face mask diving, or for their scooter dives which are the most fun you can have underwater. If you are comfortable going on your own, they have maps of the local dive sites, e.g. Ulua beach, Makena Landing.
- Mike Severns Diving. If you are lucky the coral will be spawning when you are on-island and they can take you to see that. Overall our favorite boat outfit, because you get to learn so much about the behavior of the marine life.
- Prodiver Maui. A good choice for Molokini diving.
Ed Robinson's Diving Adventures. If you are experienced, ask for their advanced-only Adventure-X 3-dive day.
- Scuba Shack. Fastest boat to Molokini, always new equipment if you are renting it all, and captain Charlie is a character. Near our condo, opposite Kamaole Beach I.
- BB Scuba. Probably the cheapest SCUBA boat trip in Kihei.
Extended Horizons. All outfits above on this list are in South Maui leaving from Kihei Boat Ramp. If you end up in Lahaina looking to dive, ask these guys to take you to the Lanai cathedrals, and the Carthaginian Boat wreck. Lahaina Divers. The other option in Lahaina and the only folks that can take you on the famous Hammerhead dives near Molokai.
- Maui Ocean Center. Not really a SCUBA outfit, but there is a SCUBA-with-sharks option. We mention this under the Non-Water Activities section and here is a direct link: https://mauioceancenter.com/experiences/shark-dive/.
Looking for more stuff to do? Why not check out all of our recommendation lists for Maui: Maui Towns And Areas, Must Do, Road To Hana, Beaches, Nature, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Water Activities, Non-Water Activities, Shows and Events, Souvenirs, Grocery Shopping, and What The Owners Still Love About Maui.