Souvenirs From Maui
Whether for yourself, or as a gift, here are some ideas of what to buy and take back with you.
- Aloha clothing. Depending on your budget and taste, you can find many shops to get your flowery Aloha garment, e.g. a shirt, lava lava (sarong), or traditional Hawaiian muu muu dress. Even Costco has a basic selection.
- Macadamia nuts. You find them everywhere, usually flavored with something, e.g. chocolate covered macadamias. We actually prefer them natural, and at Costco they have them in large packs - we always get a few bags from there for our stay and to bring back to the mainland.
- Pineapple wine from Maui Wine. We mention Maui Wine on our page with Alcohol places on Maui. A novelty gift for someone back home (or even for you if you like it in the tasting room), is their wine made from pineapple.
- Ukulele and Hawaiian music. If you like the sound of the ukulele or slack-key guitar, you can take the music with you as there are many places to buy CDs. You can go a step further and get your own Ukulele. The one hanging on our condo's living room wall is from Bounty Music in Kahului.
- Any lilikoi-based product. Lilikoi is essentially passion fruit, and it is amazing on Maui. We like lilikoi-mustard and lilikoi-cheesecake (you can find a great one at Cafe O'Lei - see our Food section), but you can find it in other products too.
- Papaya Seed Salad Dressing. Add an exotic twist to your salad.
- 100% Maui coffee. For its rich and earthy flavor.
- Kihei Kalama Village. Many tourist shops together to stroll through in this pleasant outdoor yet shaded area, and with decent prices - you are bound to find a souvenir here.
- Queen Ka’ahumanu Center. In Kahului a shopping center where locals go, and every Sunday they have a "Maui Made" event where you can find locally made goods, while also enjoying a live Hawaiian entertainment.
- Maui Swap Meet. Also in Kahului (behind the campus), every Saturday morning, this is like a flea market with many hidden treasures.
- Shops at Wailea. More upscale shopping.
- Country Store at Maui Tropical Plantation. This shop is probably the best combination of quality and value, with many items made in Hawaii.
- Maui Clothing Outlet. This discount Kihei shop is hidden behind the Piilani highway, turn at Ohukai Road.
- Get inspired in an ABC store. If none of the items above inspire you as a gift, then drop into one of the many ABC stores and you are sure to find something to your liking. The closest one to our condo is within walking distance, behind the gas station on 2349 S Kihei Rd. You should also check out the Maui grocery stores for souvenirs.
Looking for more stuff to do? Why not check out all of our recommendation lists for Maui: Maui Towns And Areas, Must Do, Road To Hana, Beaches, Nature, Food, Beer/Alcohol, Water Activities, Non-Water Activities, Shows and Events, Souvenirs, Grocery Shopping, and What The Owners Still Love About Maui.